Monday 6 March 2017

Dear Best Friend,

It’s comprehensible, I have lost rights to use these words,
Yet, as I type, solitary part of my heart hurts.
I know, these words may sound made up, temporary or fake,
Still I vow that with agony, I shake.

I still remember our initial meet,
A moment to cherish, comforting enough to breathe.
It was those few moments it hit my mind,
I wanted you as a needy demanded a dime.
Your existence grew on me,
Just like a leaf sprung on to a tree.
Gradually you became the warmth of my blanket,
My thoughts, my dream and my habit.

With the time, I grew so fond,
The happy soul had spawned a bond.
A relationship with no boundaries, limits or ends,
I was proud to entitle you my best friend.
When the night arrived and duty called,
We cried, we laughed, we shared it all along.


The long conversation, the nonsense chats,
Who knew this was the result of a basic chitchat?
This is when the “like” turned into “love”,
Giving you the position with nothing above.
Mentioning you in every conversation,
I was proud to declare it a happy relation.

But as they say a coin has 2 sides,
Circumstances twisted and one of them had to abide.
Accepting it without any hardships,
One end of the rope started to slip.
Able enough to keep it strong,
You accepted my corrects even though they were wrong.

Blinded enough not to see,
You were there all along, I just stung you like a bee.
Still keeping your cool through the heat,
My actions were a sinful deed.

Yet putting your emotions aside,
You aided me by still shinning bright.



Losing my respect, anger and temper,
My complains penetrated your skin just like a dagger.
Ignoring the result. I raged,
Not long, before I trapped myself in the cage.
Now our foundations are split,
Not a moment passes by without the guilt.
The difference is
Now you are gone, I wont be born.
Considering myself the victim of my action,
Today as I write this, I am reduced to a fraction.



As I reach out to the end of this blog, there are moments in your life, when, just one mistake will all it take, to lose someone. Someone you love, adore. Maybe they were your family, friends, an inanimate object.. Yet the importance of it is only realized after it is snatched from you.
I know these words don’t mean enough to be accepted as an apology. I realize my mistakes are unforgivable. I would like to send my sincere apologies to 2 of my closest friends, who in the past week have been through my stupidity and also to all my brothers, colleagues and my friends  “I Am Sorry”

If you want to address this message to any of your lost mates, then share it let them feel the value of friendship before its too late.

18 comments:

  1. Dhruv,this hit me like a speeding truck. I would be lying if I'd say I am not crying after reading this...DEEP. TOO. DEEP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dhruuuv phenomenal work !!
    I could literally feel each n every word of your blog...
    I got goosebumps while reading ur blog!!
    Proud of you buddy ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best πŸŽ€ these words really made me emotional 😭 great work buddy❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best πŸŽ€ these words really made me emotional 😭 great work buddy❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Write ups are just so much better when they're felt from within. Lovely piece, mate. I hope you become whole again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful , pure and raw , just hit the right cords❤⭐️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm left with legit no words. This is incredibly amazing. One of your best works. Proud of you DodoπŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dhruv, u have a struck a chord with this piece!Goosebumps are an understatement. There are so many things we reckon are going to be forever...but isn't it just the opposite?
    Keep it up! So proud of you!
    AML!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm Prarthna's friend����������. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  10. Straight from the heart! Very nicely expressed. Loved every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a young mordern writer you have a deep understanding of the emotional and physiology world. Can feel a connect here. Great work! Proud of you !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing Dhruv. Your style of writing and so is your content. When one realises ones mistakes and is strong enough to apologise, it is the sign of a very strong, mature and nice person. So hats off to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG DHRUV. THIS IS AMAZINGGGG!!! I LOVE ITTπŸ’— IT'S SO MEANINGFUL AND DEEPπŸ’˜

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is good Dhruv.
    Very good.
    Very few people are blessed with the skills to express their emotions in words

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've written this so beautifully that it'll be impossible for someone not to get emotional 😒. So deep. One of your best work so far. Simply loved it ❤

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow bhai! This is soo perfect!! Loved it! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing Bhaiii ❤️ I'll be waiting for more :D Very deep and relatable. I think this is the best blogs so far written by you ... keep it up ��

    ReplyDelete